Michigan Commercial Space Advisors (“MCSA”) was formed by Chris Atwater, David Cassard, and Rick Cassard in 2006 in response to the lack of true tenant and buyer representation options in the West Michigan market area. Chris Atwater became the sole owner in 2012 upon the retirement of Dave and Rick Cassard.
Even today, MCSA remains the only commercial real estate brokerage firm providing exclusive representation services to tenants and buyers of office, retail, and light industrial properties in the West Michigan market area.
Chris Atwater is the sole owner and President of Michigan Commercial Space Advisors and has been with the company since its inception in 2006. Between 1996 and 2005 he was primarily involved in asset management, property management, and tenant representation, first as Asset Manager at Oxford Partners and then as both Asset Manager and President of Waters Corporation. Prior to 1996, Chris spent 15 years appraising commercial real estate in the Midwest and Southeast.
Chris’s other professional qualifications include:
- Licensed Real Estate Broker, State of Michigan (license # 6502355348)
- Designated Certified Commercial Investment Member (designation # 12350) (CCIM)
- Non-Practicing Member, Appraisal Institute (designation # 7926) (MAI)
- Education, Appraisal and Tech/MLS Subcommittee Chairs, Grand Rapids Association of Realtors
- Board Chair, ITRA Global, 2015 and 2016
- Former Certified Real Estate Appraiser, Michigan and Georgia (inactive)
- Former partner in Georgia-based commercial real estate appraisal firm of Schultz, Carr, Bissette, Atwater, and Associates.
- BBA with dual major in Business Management and Real Estate, Kent State University
Chris Atwater is the sole full-time employee of MCSA. The firm satisfies periodic accounting and research requirements with dedicated contract personnel. Additional assignment-specific needs are addressed through our Preferred Provider Network.
Are you interested in becoming an exclusive tenant rep? Are you a traditional broker who is tired of representing both sides? Feel free to contact us to explore career opportunities at MCSA.